A doubt that comes to our mind right before we move out to a new city is how much money will cost me living in there. The truth is that it depends on many factors, and specially, the way of life that you want to live in the city, in the same city you can find prices for everybody…You are an Erasmus student and probably the money is a little lacking, but the good thing about Córdoba is that, with that lack, you could spend the year without the need of suffering much, even though, being truly honest, it is not a year to save money J
You will have some better and some worse months, but frankly, Córdoba is not an expensive city at all, so pay attention, take a pen and paper and let’s calculate how much money you will need to make ends meet without a problem, at least with the basic expenses.
Water expenses have not a fixed cost. The amount to pay of the bill will depend on the water consumption. The water bill vary between 60€ and 100 € every two months. These prices are the average if and when you use it reasonable (for example, having a shower instead of taking a bath). Always try to economise the water and your effort will be reward with lower bills. The natural gas expenses have not a fixed cost either and will the cost of the bill will also depend on the consumption, the bill vary between 50€ and 100 € every two months.
COST OF LIVING
(For a person in a shared flat)
- Ren of the room: between 160€ and 285€ monthly.
- Monthly electricity expenses: between 15€ and 25€ (It depends on the month)
- Monthly water expenses: between 10€ and 15€
- Internet: around 10€ monthly
- Gas bottle: 5€ (it last for two weeks)
- Natural gas expenses (If you have it): between 5€ and 15€ monthly
- Mobile phone: from 11€ monthly
- Bus ticket: 1, 20€ (or Bonobús: 0’70€)
- Beer: 1,20€
- Coffee: 1,20€